Our space mining endeavors are fundamental to the success of our claims.
Build and launch a mining probe designed to rendezvous with an asteroid, extract core material and return the sample to Earth.
Mining probe: ProMiSe 1
Budget: $20million + Launch ($10M)
Schedule: Launch 2015-16
Target: to be determined
Launch Mass: <1000kgs
Build and launch a full scale asteroid mining system with mineral separation and metal smelting/forging capabilities. Steel smelting in space has some advantages over Earth because there is no oxygen and virtually no gravity and magnetic influence on the material as it solidifies creating a more uniform molecular structure.
Budget: $500Million(prototype**) + launch (Upgrade $500M)
Schedule: Launch 2016-17
Target: to be determined (M type asteroid)
Launch mass: 50,000-100,000kgs
- Extract 20 cubic meters of asteroid material per day
- Future upgrade to 200m3 (more than 500Mkg/year)
- Produce 10 cubic meter of structural steel per day
- Upgrade to 100m3/day
- 5MW RTG/Solar
- Upgrade to 15MW
- Platinum group and rare earth mineral separation
- at 5ppm produces approximately 800g/day (300kg/year)
* Several of these will be launched over a 5-10year time table.
** Future units will cost less since R&D costs are eliminated.
Build and launch our space assembly robotics. This is a number of general purpose and specific task automated systems for building structures in space. This includes a shuttle "tug" system for ferrying materials to Earth orbit from our asteroid mines.
Budget: $250M + launch
Schedule: Launch 2018-2019
Launch Mass: 10,000kgs